Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Glenn Beck Archive

Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, we're able to catch a rare glimpse of Glenn Beck in his earlier days.
October 17th, 1939

After November 9th, I think we had a lot in common. I had the same initial feeling of fear about Nazism. I think most Americans did. We didn't really understand it at all.

But instead of caving into that fear, I took about a year to truly investigate Nazism. I read Mein Kampf. I met with Party members. I went to Germany. And I came away from the experience with the understanding that, like it or not, Nazism is a peaceful ideology and that the vast majority of its practitioners are good and decent people.

I also came away with the understanding that there are groups of people that want to pervert the message of true Nazism. These people believe that their leader is telling them to kill all non-Aryans, and those are the people I refer to as Nazi extremists.

Again, Nazism is an ideology peacefully practiced by the vast majority of Nazis. And you know, I don't know very many people who have had the time or the energy to research Nazism as I have, because it's my job.

And I also think that fear and ignorance due to the constraints of getting through everyday life for the average American prevent those people from being able to tell the difference between the good, peace-loving Nazis and the bad radical Nazis.
Perhaps Glenn, if more people like Anton Drexler had been able to stand up and defend true Nazism, things would have never gotten out of hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home