Saturday, September 13, 2008

More Pork, Please

Ok, so I've been neglecting the blog for a while after accepting the well known fact that Senator Obama will be our next president. I've been too busy working with local communities helping people prepare for the burden of paperwork that's to come when applying for their new benefits. It's amazing how quickly their hands still cramp up after resting for so long. But lately I've noticed a shift in their attitudes. Hope for the future, has turned to worry over future benefits.

Trying to figure out what may have happened, I checked out some recent news and learned that in an attempt to appeal to his rural base and aggravate the Muslim population, McCain simply nominated a pig to be his vice-president. Is it really surprising now, that Hamas would support Obama?

And yet this schoolyard tactic has given McCain a slight lead over our rightful new leader in most polls. As I tried to calm the group the next day at our morning meeting, I explained to them that polls are meaningless. It's the actual election that counts, and the rest of the barnyard animals won't be allowed to vote. While performing his hand stretching exercises, one sobbing gentleman asked "What if they don't check their ID's"?

I'll have to get back to him on that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home